Sunday, May 22, 2011


It might also be because I first saw the sign looking like this (there are signs in the more recognizable diamond shape). With this alone, the meaning of PED XING totally escaped me. First saw it in a province of Thailand. Hmmm with all the monks walking around it must mean a mosque or temple or chapel...or something. Of Asian culture. Why not?
Saw another one in Bangkok. See, it's a temple.
Saw another one in Hong Kong. Singapore.
The temple must be popular one among the Asians, I figured.

Then I see it on the road at TACLOBAN CITY!!! It was a long road. I thought quietly, finally I'd get to see what the temple/mosque/chapel of PED XING looks like.
"Ped Xing", I said softly.
"Pedestrian crossing", my friend, Pamie (yep, her, who was with us in Hong Kong) said as softly.
"What?", me.
"Pedestrian crossing. PED XING", Pamie.

DANG!
HAHAHAHAHAHA




No comments:

Post a Comment