Sunday, May 22, 2011


I'm very picky of the magazines I buy. Give me the flack if you must but I usually judge the magazine by it's cover. Ahihihi... And the May 2011 Preview issue was definitely no exception. With the beautiful and visibly transformed Shalani Soledad (tv host and politician) was staring at me with her burnt berry lips I took home the magazine in a heartbeat. (I just usually borrow from a friend who subscribes, hehehe).
I buy fashion magazines for the photographs actually. And the featured celebrity.
Surprise surprise, a lovely feature on Cebu's Philip Rodriguez was on it too! That was enough to make my day.
Then a friend posts this on his Facebook wall:


The same Philip Rodriguez photo on Preview!
JOSEPH ONG!
I love it! Totally!
Here are some more of his takes which I took from his Facebook, hehehe, sorry Joseph! I did send you a message. hahahaha! Say it's ok?





Met Joseph way back 2005, I think. But not on the photography field. On the cycling circuit! I was just getting back on the saddle after giving birth to my first kid when a girlfriend told me we were hitting up the hills with a newbie cyclist. Great, I love newbies. They allow me to beat them. hahahahaha! Who else could it be but a cool guy named Joseph Ong. He disappeared from the cycling scene a little after that ride. Just like that I started finding beautiful...BEAUTIFUL fashion photos on Flickr by a newbie photographer.
Yes, Joseph Ong.
Just like that! Bang! He burst into the world of photography armed with talent and inspirations!
I was hooked. A colleague once asked him why he wouldnt pack his bag up and go to Manila where he would surely have more opportunities. Cool dude just smiled and said he'd love to be stay in Cebu. Well...Manila came to him. He had been commissioned by the likes of Vicky Belo, Jericho Rosales, Heart Evangelista and many many others. Yes, Joseph, I had been keeping track. hahahaha
The minute he got hold of his first dslr camera from the shop, there was no turning back for him. He got me moving too, yes. Had me googling everything about modern photography. Had me texting him what I need, where to get them and why. (Thank you Seph for replying) I'd also shamlessly "disturb" him whenever I see him on shoots. hahahahaha! Please don't kill me.
With his unique sense of vision, he creates the loveliest of pre-nup and wedding photos.
Dude, you're it!



No comments:

Post a Comment