Thursday, April 28, 2011


Well hello there...
As you may have noticed I had been just a tad lazy these days, hehehe. I barely check my Facebook messages. With the exception of posting the photos of the family reunion last week. About 4pm yesterday I got a message from a cousin in Texas that his son has arrived in the Philippines. I was so excited as I have not seen Joseph for more than 6 years! His mom is afterall the only first cousin I have with my mother's side.
So we meet up. Introduced my girls to their big cousin from Texas. They meet for the first time.
He hands me this:
And what does she brings for me?


Nook Color android tablet by Barnes and Nobles. Super cool ha!
I got the version 1.1.0. Would be easy to upgrade as BN had been aggressive lately with their developments in the tablet market. There would be a Nook store soon. Works like any tablet. Although one should not expect it to work like the popular browser tabs. This is primarily an e-Reader. But this version enables you to browse the web to some limited extent. I discovered I could Facebook and Tweet on it, however at a limited rate. But Im totally happy. It's not everyday cousin surprises you with something as cool as this!
With it's 7-inch 1024 x 600 LCD display, works absolutely fine with me! It weights 15.8 ounces, it's heavier compared to another tablet of the same size. But weight has never actually been a problem with me.


Ooopps! Makes me wonder...hmm, did I ask for this? There's a receipt. Maybe I'd have to pay. Wait. No, I didnt...and I don't have to. hahahahahah! Cousin forgot to get the receipt out.

The micro SD memory card slot.


This is the protective case. Just like a book. With names of authors. LOVE IT!!!
I love white!
Getting it dirtied easily is not an issue with me.

So how cool is that?

It cost half the iPad. And it's an e-Reader. You download and read books on it. Swipe the screen to flip the page or just tap.
Word on the grapevine is that web browsing and email capabilities will be greatly improved with the newer versions. Will just have to update.

Thank you Kathy!
Totally unexpected.
Totally loved.

Thank YOU Boss!


No comments:

Post a Comment