Saturday, April 30, 2011


Photo for the royal wedding programme was taken by Mario Testino. Isn't it just gorgeous. Yes, he is one of my inspiration since seeing his photos on fashion magazines way back 1980's. Then came the famous black and white photographs of the late Lady Diana which kinda sealed the deal for me. And now, he gives us this. Simple, elegant. Black and white.

For the official wedding photographs, Hugo Burnand held the reigns. Just like any photographer for highly sensitive affairs, news have it that there were several instructions he had to adhere to. Such as no photos with so and so with so and so. You know, the works. hehehehe. I always love it when I'm briefed before a photo assignment. Kinda gives me the 'gossipy' side of things. hahaha
Love the official wedding photographs:



I always love 'no-cheaky' no-nonsense poses. hehehe. Ok, being from this country, I would be getting some flack for wanting to get away from 'tradition' and the not-so traditional wacky poses for weddings. Hey I respect my elders too, but look at how they are appropriately placed BESIDE the newlyweds. Still respectful you know. Oh, Burnand had better made sure of that, afterall that's the Queen and Prince Philip of England now. hehehe. It is the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding. I am pretty sure, the Queen took no offense. hehehe
Proper preparations, designation and briefing of the team and wedding party made this possible in about an hour. I hope we all learn from this. hahahaha.


Ooohhh it would just go better from here on... the children were promised jellybeans. My equivalent to fastfood bribery. hahaha!
Lovely, lovely.


Picture perfect. Although my nanny/assistant would have probably heard me whisper "A little relaxation on the arms now, Duchess."
"And you can slump your back just a tad bit."
Hehehehehe
But seriously, I love the photos. Love them. Love M. Testino. Love H. Bernand. Love the Hasselblad H4D-50.


No comments:

Post a Comment