Saturday, September 22, 2012


All photos herein were taken by friend Anna, the doctor. 
Mayon Volcano. A big part of this trip. Good thing we started out early. The majestic volcano was in its glorious self...
(Please excuse my flip flops. My cheap but nicer looking sandals broke on the 1st day remember?)





A bittersweet trip for me. Did I tell you this was our first time travelling together? When Peachy mentioned Mayon Volcano, I just couldn't and didn't want to say no. I had to go back. Older and more mature. I only wished my father was still alive to hear my story. God bless his soul.
Last time I was in Legaspi City was in the 1970's with my parents. Great timing as the volcano erupted that very week. Specifically 2 days before we were to fly out of the city. It frightened me out of my wits. But the adults were excited to see the red glowing lava roll that her majesty Mayon volcano. I just wanted to go home. To make things more scary? The airport faces the volcano!!! It would be a 10-hour drive to Manila, in case, disaster strikes and we'd be forced to take to the road and I knew those high flying lava rocks will reach us!!! Ahihihihi... a little girl's imagination gone wild. Too much tv even at an early age.
But now, I'm back. Happy to remember my trip with my parents. It brought tears to my eyes. That's why I insisted I had my photo taken like so. That's exactly how I posed for my father's camera many many years ago.











Anna















No comments:

Post a Comment