Thursday, July 28, 2011



I used to favor wearing false eyelashes on special occasions. But somehow I have developed some kind of "allergy". I get a headache whenever I wear them. The last time I wore falsies was last January at a wedding. By the middle of the mass I had to go to the bathroom to take my falsies off as they were really giving me a terrible headache. Good thing I had my dark black eyeliner in my purse!!!That kinda bummed me out. How could I do without them falsies?
My answer: a really good mascara.
But which one?
False eyelashes was a no brainer. I always went for the natural looking kind.
With mascaras there are just too many choices. But then of course, I automatically eliminated the way too pricey brands.
It didn't make the choices easier though...
Then I bumped into Maybelline Magnum Volume Express.
Affordable at P399!


But would it deliver?
Today's errands was a good excuse for a test drive...


For it's price it is indeed a good mascara. As like any other mascara (expensive or affordable), you would need to do 2 to 4 applications for the result to be evident. That's fine by me actually. I judge a mascara on it's smoothness. The less clumps on application, the closer to an approval. By habit I always manually separate the lashes after the application of the mascara with a toothbrush for a more pronounced result.


It does deliver! I love it! Affordable and sweet indeed.
Mascara and eyeliner are pretty much what I have going during meetings and events. I almost always never put anything on the lower lid. I just want everything heavy on the top.
I love the sleepy heavy darkness of mascara and eyeliner on the upper lids.


As inspired by Ms Sophia Loren.


No comments:

Post a Comment