Wednesday, August 22, 2012


High school was a billion years ago. That's how long I have not held a crochet hook. But finally I marched to the store to buy me some yarns and hooks! Thanks to my good photographer friend, Marmi, I have started to 'yarn over and pull thru...' again! Ahihihi...
I love it! Although I have to learn everything all over again, I believe I'm better with the tension now than I was a month ago. Took some patience. Learning every stitch. I'm loving my new hobby!
Believe me I zone out counting even at a coffee shop waiting for my kids from school. Lovely, really...
Well I finally got 'tired' of the squares and squares I was making for practice I decided to have my first project. A hat for Barbie! It bowled the kids over! They wanted more. 
Here's my second project: 


A simple throw blanket for the kids. They love the color. Yarns are very limited in this city. Now I wish I hoarded while in Manila. Well, one thing's for sure now, this is gonna take up much of my budget whenever I travel...


Here's for my third project: Pink wallets for the girls. It was more challenging for me coz of the smaller thread and all. But it was fun. Especially when the little kiddos screamed in excited as I gave them the finished product.



I'm not so sure if I should be doing this already but ambition is getting the better of me. Next project: a market bag.
Like the Barbie hat, I made a Barbie market bag with my white 'practice' thread. I just actually wanted to see how things would work out. I still get stumped from time to time but I'm just too excited.
Now if only I could find a good yarn in this city. 
I got inspired by my friend Marmi's market bag. I stumbled up MendMyHeart in Instagram and drooled over her orangey market bag. Another search on Google and came upon this beautiful blog about crochet and crafts. It's just lovely!!! 
If you're into crafts and crochet do check out this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment