Thursday, May 5, 2011






For Mother's Day, I actually have a wishlist.
An audiobook.
My father used to have the long play album but for some reason I didn't find it in his library. It is my most favorite recording of all times.
The Trials of Oscar Wilde as narrated by Martin Jarvis.
It eludes me.
It is on some paid audiobook website but I have done away with my credit cards.
Maybe hubby can help. hehehe
Seriously.


UPDATE:
So I did get the audiobook.
So it's not what I've been looking/lusting for all those years.

Can anybody help me out? Sometime 1975 my father got this long play album. I am realizing now that I dont think I have ever seen the album cover. I could remember however that the narration started with..."The Trials of Oscar Wilde"...
The above audiobook started out the same but it is the serious account of the trials.
What I am looking for is somewhat funny. The narrator changed his voice according to the different characters. There was courtroom drama. I am also realizing now that the narrator was acting the part of OSCAR WILDE himself! He narrated from the unfortunate man's point of view, during the trials and imprisonment.
Some few lines I remembered are: "but my enemies!...Ah, they come and go..." ---imprisonment obviously. And..."...Sphinx! My dear Sphinx..." ---when his lady bestfriend visited him in prison.

I am beginning to wonder if the album was a recording of this play: "The Trials of Oscar Wilde"






It is a very witty and funny account. Can anyone help me out please. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment